Department of Public Safety was created in 1976 by
Commissioner Victor Anzelone. The original
department consisted of: Bob Bond, Supervisor; Don
Cooper, Mechanic; Joe Trabacco and Dave Pine, Traffic.
December of 1981, Bob Bond retired and Don Cooper became
the Supervisor. Under the direction of
Commissioner John Pantalone, recreation buildings (pool,
crest pier, tennis courts, playgrounds) became the
responsibility of this department. Bruce
Dieffenderfer, Maintenance, and Robert Cooper, Mechanic,
were added to the department. On May 1st, 2004,
Don Cooper retired after more than 30 years of service
to the borough. On Dec. 28, 2006, Supervisor Bob Ansel
retired after 15 years of service to the borough.
Steve DeRitis was added to the department and Ralph
Grassi became supervisor.
There have been several different employees, but
the department, now in its 26th year, consists of the
of Motor Pool
responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
installation, repair and maintenance of all traffic
signs and posts, all traffic lights, all painted street
lines, all parking meters.
addition, the maintenance of Crest Pier, Von Savage
Memorial Pool, Scoop Taylor Park, Wildwood Crest fire
house, Borough tennis courts, and all playgrounds;
also, the repair and maintenance of all police, traffic,
beach patrol, fire prevention and other vehicles.
department has served the taxpayers of the Borough and
will continue into the future. You can contact the
Public Safety Department at 609.729.1910.